Tuesday, June 7, 2011

gluten-free chocolate-on-chocolate action

The last week-and-a-half have been, on-and-off, incredibly stressful. I can't say why right now because it isn't my place to disclose other peoples' business on the Interwebs. Maybe later I will explain it though. But for now, just ask me personally if you don't already know what has been going on. Anyway, it got even more stressful/depressing yesterday, so today I really needed to just have some down time and do some stuff for me.
So, after I got home from my therapist appointment (yes, I have a therapist - don't you dare judge me for that), I showered and baked what looks like a really delicious chocolate cake (gluten-free, of course). I iced it with chocolate icing and sprinkled crushed peppermint on top. I cannot wait to have a piece later - chocolate, in nearly all forms, makes everything better.

Looks good, huh? :)
After the cake, I pampered myself in a girly way and painted my nails, and then I went and had some fun with my watercolors...
 I wasn't particularly skilled artistically today, but the simple act of painting (no matter the quality), helped. So I painted that flower, and then I found a paper plate and did this to it:

Throughout this whole day, I have had the house to myself, which always means I was blasting music - today's artist of choice? Eminem <3 This is my new favorite song of his:



4 comments:

  1. i love.love.love you so much and am inspired by your strength and beauty of Spirit in how you dealt w/ today - thanks for being you - i am honored to be on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that :) i love you too! and i am doing my best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brynna! I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the rest of us. You are such a great writer. Sound like you are having a tough day--I agree that baking, nail painting, and blaring music in a house all to yourself is a great salve for the soul. I'm glad you know how to take care of yourself when the going gets tough. Keep up the posts coming--I'm loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks :) More like a tough week, actually. I would love to tell you about it sometime - we should definitely talk on a regular basis, I miss you and your menfolk! But yes, all very good methods and caring for yourself is definitely super important. Thanks for reading my stuff! Love you Aunt Jo :)

    ReplyDelete