Wednesday, June 1, 2011

how a trip to the library turned into a small adventure

Today the boyfriend had a half-day, so we decided to meet up at the library after he got out to work on our history projects. I was at the library about an hour and a half before he would be, so I took the time to get a head start on my own work (which I made a wonderful amount of progress on). His school got out at 11:45, and at 11:50 he called me. At first I thought that he was suddenly unable to come, but then he told me that his mom (an elementary school teacher) had just called and asked him to come pick up a lost boxer puppy they had just found on their playground, and did I want to come along? Well of course I wanted to tag along - any opportunity to see a puppy is one I want to take :)
So we went on over to his madre's school to get the lil pup, and ohmygoodness she was just the cutest darn little boxer ever!

Irresistible, right?!:) [Yes and the puppy is pretty cute too...hehe :P]
Well, we took her to the vet and they scanned her for a microchip - there was none (which his mom called and informed us of a few minutes later, when the owner showed up). At the vet, though, there was a great sign that read "If we see you smoking, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate measures." Gotta love that.
Since the owner had turned up, Bailey (apparently that was the adorable little creature's name) had to be returned :( But it was still fun to get to spend some time pretending she was ours.
After the dog was no longer any of our responsibility,  the boyfriend and I went and spent some time in his mom's classroom. That was so much fun :) Kids are so great!
So then we finally left and went back to the library to get that history work tended to. But...what a fun interruption :)

No comments:

Post a Comment