Monday, May 30, 2011

she's home!

My dear mother and little brother have been down in Vancouver and Portland for the last five days for the Life is Good Unschooling Conference. They definitely had fun, but oh how i missed them! Especially since I was left at home with a certain someone whom I, to put it lightly, am not all that fond of. But I ended up spending the whole time in my room, watching a ridiculous amount of movies and texting almost my entire contacts list. I was, of course, bored out of my mind. But I was lucky enough to get to spend some time with my wonderful boyfriend and his family, which definitely helped :)
Anyway, the conference ended yesterday, so today, at around 1, my mom and brother came home!!! I am so excited to have them back, especially my mommy, who I missed so much more than I expected to! So to welcome her/them back home, I baked some gluten-free chocolate cupcakes this morning...

The bottom layer has white chocolate chips in them, the middle is just regular chocolate, and the top three have powdered peppermint candies baked into the top :) Delicious!

Oh and welcome home Mommy! <3

2 comments:

  1. those cupcakes are so, so, sooooo good - but not even a fraction as good as it is to be home w/ you again my sweet daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they so are! and aww, yes it is so wonderful to have you home again :)

    ReplyDelete